Skip to content


How does Insurance protect me and my business?

This is where our team answers your frequently asked questions (FAQ’s), about Tradie cover options, whether you are a small, medium or large business.

Why do Kiwi Tradies need Liability Insurance?

For years Kiwi Tradies have had the attitude that if someone get injured ACC will pay and if we break something, we’ll fix it. But as health and safety has become a more prominent risk to the larger companies, it’s filtering down to tradies in a van.

Public Liability Insurance protects a business from financial loss in the event of a claim made by a third party for bodily injury or property damage arising from the business operations. This insurance provides coverage for legal defence costs and any compensation payments that may be awarded, helping to safeguard a business against potentially large and devastating financial losses. By having Public Liability Insurance in place, a business can demonstrate its commitment to health and safety, as well as provide peace of mind to customers, employees, and other stakeholders.

What does Employment Practices Liability cover?

Employment Practices Liability Insurance covers claims alleging discrimination, harassment, wrongful termination, and other employment-related issues brought on by employees, former employees, or job applicants. 

What is Statutory Liability Insurance?

Statutory liability insurance is designed to safeguard against legal obligations arising from statutory violations or breaches. This type of insurance provides coverage for situations where a business is held accountable for failing to comply with specific legislations or regulations. 

Why do I need Commercial Motor Vehicle Insurance?

Commercial motor vehicle insurance generally covers your businesses liability for bodily injury or property damage arising from accidents involving your commercial vehicles. It helps protect your business from financial losses associated with accidents, theft, or other incidents involving your fleet of vehicles. 

I'm a Tradie, do I need Professional Indemnity Insurance?

Professional Indemnity Insurance helps reduce the impact of potential lawsuits or claims made by clients or third parties who allege that they have suffered financial losses or damages as a result of professional advice, services, or recommendations provided by the insured individual or business. 

What does Tools Cover really mean?

Tools cover, also known as General property or Material Damage Insurance, is a vital protection for businesses in New Zealand that rely on tools and equipment for their operations. This insurance provides coverage for the loss, theft, or damage to tools and equipment owned by your business, ensuring you can continue your operations without significant financial setbacks and delays. 

Why Do We Charge A Brokers Fee?

Like most brokers on some policies we charge a broker fee, this fee will vary depending on the policy and the time spent setting the policy up. We will always advise you of the fee in advance.

The broker fee will range between $99 and $300 per policy and or endorsement

We only charge this fee for policies (not quotes). You may also be charged a fee for endorsements or for a risk review.

You may also be charged a credit card fee, this fee is set by our licensee and your funding providers, where possible we will always advise you of the fees prior to taking payments.

Call Now Button